Friday, December 16, 2011

Fast Forward...........Erase and Rewind!!

Fast Forward...........Erase and Rewind!!
What a year it has been..........................................................O Emperor, WarPaint, Republic of Loose, Tieranniesaur, No Crows, Vodoo Sex Machines, El Hombre Jokes, Pete Molinari, Elbow, Kylie, Planet Parafe, Cathy Davey, David O Doherty, Angus & Julia Stone..............



From Rathgar to the Spire, the daily apple, of a 7up EcoCab, and throw in some free contraception. Best moments, "No Thanks, I'm trying to quit"!!!

A trip to Australia in August, with the Irish Banshees and Irish Warriors, so we won the AFL International Cup with 5 wins from 5, games in Sydney and Melbourne. Nice to get used to playing the game for real. Started as a forward, but made it in the Ruck......my preferred position. This earned me a place on the All Stars Team. Not bad for a big girl with honest intentions!



Three fantastic weeks in Australia followed with 3 more magical weeks in New Zealand. Lesley, the co-manger of the Banshees, a legend, and a true friend, to her own misfortune, brought me along with her to the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand......an experience I am truly indebted to her, and Terry. I had the trip of a lifetime, opening ceremony at the RWC11, Ire V Australia, and v USA, some great banter and drinks with Lesley, Ronan, Helen, Stephen, and Claire along the trip, accompanied with a few beers, a flask of whisky and some gluten free cookies!!





So back to Melbourne, as a cash strapped backpacker, I found great friends at Home@The Mansion Hostel. I would recommend this as a place to go to meet the cool of cool! Managed to bump into Roma, whom I started school with as a kid, but hadnt seen in 10 years, since Lough Allen College, we met for a coffee and dinner, at RMB Degraves St, on the day that Melbourne was decalsered the best city in the World to LIVE!! Once I finally got a job - in Kartel cafe, I got another job for the weekends. A 2 hour interview with Biddy the Baker, saw me work a sales role at a Bakers Delight in South Melbourne............



.................and so that is my current location. Now I am a night owl, who works as a bakers assistant in Bakers Delight, decorating pizzaz, twists, playing with dough, cleaning, sweating and eating!!!

So here I am, now living on Degraves St, drinking Long Machiattos, and with too much complimentarty bread..........its actually ripping my seams apart.............the 28 Day RBT begins!










No comments:

Post a Comment